Monday, September 27, 2010

I have been saaaaaved! By RAW files.

      I've had my Nikon D60 for over a year now, and I'm STILL getting the hang of it. I've known about RAW files for a long time now, just never used that option while shooting, on a regular basis anyway. So I decided this morning I would try it out. Even though RAW files are mainly used for prints because of the higher resolution and  dimensions, (Or so I think, correct me if I'm wrong :p ) I used it to take some self portraits.

     What I love is the expanded editing options. I bought myself Photoshop Elements 7 last year and it has been useful in editing, especially because CS4 blows my mind and I haven't been able to grasp it all quite yet. CS4 was given to me by my amazin' boyfriend, what a sweet man. :)
    
     So anywayyy. I shot in RAW. Although they take more work, I can really tell the difference in clarity. It's a lot more clear to me. So I edited a few, and those will be my photos for the day.

     I like the black and white photo a lot more than the other. But it was really just an expirement.
     Long day today. Closing again. Last night was pretty insane. Closed at 9, and I normally get out around 9:15 or 9:30, but I didn't get done until 10:30. Thank God Oyster Run is over and everyone is going home. Now I'm off to do something productive. Maybe.



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment