Friday, September 24, 2010

I miss thee, Camera.

       Allllllright. First bloggity blog, here I come. Using proper punctuation and grammar may be a challenge. Well not so much the grammar part, but punctuation yes. Thank God my internet has spell check. Unfortunately, that will not help my excessive use of run-on sentences. ANYWAYS. Among many things, I like to write. I do have a tendency to veer off-topic though, so bear with me. I actually had to google the phrase "bear with me" to make sure I was using the right bear. haha, ahh man. Here we go. Too many sentences in one paragraph.
     It's really a challenge to start writing a blog and be able to accurately portray who you are as a person. So I'm really just going to introduce myself a little. My name is Caitlan, I'm a Washingtonian and have been my entire life, and no, it doesn't rain 364 days out of the year, I promise. It rains 363 days out of the year...Juuuuust kidding. Actually, Washington is a beautiful place and has some of the most diverse terrain in the whole US. My main hobby for the past 5 or so years has been photography. I'm a big fan of nature, beauty, etc. and to be honest, I've kind of forgotten what drew me in to photography so long ago. 5 years may not seem like a long time, but in young adult years, that's a pretty long time. And I've lost touch with my love for taking photos. So that's what this blog is for.
     I'm not saying that I'm a pro or anything. I'm pretty amateur actually, but I'd like to go somewhere with it someday, I'm not sure how yet, but it's a dream. so instead of rambling, I'm going to share a few of my photos. I do use photoshop, but I don't manipulate my photos. I mainly do touch-ups and I mess with levels, etc. As I said, I am a newb. :p
     These are just a few randoms that have poked at me somehow, but I'd like to start posting photos that coincide with my mood. Which may include photos by other people which I admire. With the proper credit of course. Anyway, here you are.
This was from a trip to Fourth Beach in Washington. Well, ONE of those beaches :p
I love waterscapes, comes with being a resident of Washington.
 I also love Disney movies, preferably Disney movies involving princesses >.<
This is a portrait of a friend. I was messing with long
exposure.
And thissss, would be muah. Goofy AND refined. :p I'm a big fan of self-portraits. Not because I'm into myself or anything. But because I'm the easiest subject to move and manipulate.
Anyhow. That's all for now.
Until tomorrow,
xo

3 comments:

  1. D'awww look at all the pretty pichurzzz.
    Also, you're SUPER INTO YOURSELF. SUPER-EGO CAITLANZ.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the 365 project on Flickr for a year, you might like it if you like selfies :)

    I agree WA can be beautiful, I need to get back there more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah! I'll take that into consideration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete